The Cannabis and Crypto industries are often faced with similar limitations when it comes to marketing. The Coinbound team explains how the industries and marketing strategies for both Crypto and Cannabis are similar and ways to optimize your marketing efforts in those sectors.
Ty’s Show Notes:
Similar advertising limitations:
- Highly regulated products
- Can’t freely advertise on Google, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
Similar audience features:
- Gender: Mostly male
- Crypto: 90%+ [confirmed by both our data and a study by coin.dance]
- Cannabis: 65% male [According to Miner & Co (social data research firm)
- Age: Mostly Millenials
- Crypto: 47.95% age 25-34 according to Coin.dance (same study)
- Cannabis: 38% according to Study by Eaze reported by NYTimes
- More accepting of new ideas and falling into the early-adopter tranche, more willing to be on the cutting edge and take risks
How to reach them:
- Social media
- Twitter is best for crypto
- Instagram of Cannabis
- See influencer marketing as less obtrusive and its a good way to get around advertising bans
- We are still in the early days of both crypto and cannabis so its easier to rank now than it will be.
Follow us on Twitter:
Learn more about the Crypto Marketing Show: