Have you ever wondered if you are posting the right amount on Instagram?
In this episode, Ty, TJ, and Kylie break down the Instagram posting frequency that research shows to work best.
Ty’s Show Notes:
With over a billion users in 2019, Instagram is one of the largest and fastest growing social media platforms.
Today we will discuss how often you should post on Instagram for maximum reach and engagement.
We will discuss what the data says, what that data means, and what we’ve seen ourselves.
Start with Stats
- SocialBuddy says 1-3 times per day. Major brands post avg 1.5x per day
- DashHudson (marketing software company) broke down posting frequency vs reach as a percentage relative to “average” based on data from 1400 brands:
1 post per day: 3.39% more reach
2 posts per day: 3.12% less reach
3 posts per day: 6.17% less reach
4 posts per day: 13.17% less reach
5 posts per day: 9.26% less reach
DashHudson also graphed # of posts per day vs total reach: Reach increases the more you post but decreases per post relative to average
Interpreting that data
- It depends on your goals. Maximum reach or engagement per post?
- Posting once per day is probably fine.
- End with a quote from Neil Patel: “If you make a habit of posting several times a day and then transition to only a few times a week, you will start to lose followers and generate less engagement per post. This means that the best posting frequency for Instagram is the posting frequency that you can consistently maintain for the rest of your natural life.”
- Remember to rate, review, and recommend the podcast. Reviews help us grow and continue to put out helpful content like this.
More about the Crypto Marketing Show!: https://coinbound.io/podcast
Produced by Coinbound: https://coinbound.io/
OTHER PLACES WE HANGOUT:
Instagram ► https://instagram.com/coinbound
Twitter ► https://twitter.com/coinbound_io
Linkedin ► https://www.linkedin.com/company/coinbound
TikTok ► https://tiktok.com/@coinbound
FOLLOW YOUR HOSTS:
Ty Daniel Smith: https://twitter.com/tydanielsmith
TJ Shedd: https://twitter.com/youngdumbcrypto
Kylie Lowe: https://twitter.com/cryptokylie
Join us on Slack and learn awesome & effective marketing strategies ► https://coinbound.io/join-slack
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/cryptomarketing/support