Have you ever considered doing a giveaway or wonder if they work? Are giveaways a still useful tool for marketers?
In this episode of the Crypto Marketing Show, Ty, TJ, and Kylie discuss the effectiveness of running giveaways, how it differs across different platforms like Twitter and email, and best practices for conducting a giveaway the right way.
Ty’s Show Notes:
- They work somewhat. You can get followers fast but they often dont stick around and/or are lower quality.
- You’re probably better off running a follower campaign on Twitter ads
- We have ran a few giving away crypto and hardware wallets. We get a lot of followers fast but the accounts are really low quality and mostly created just for the purpose of winning giveaways
TJ’s Show Notes:
- Yes – Giveaways are the oldest trick in the book to get engagement
Radio shows still do them everyday to get phone numbers
- Tons of rules around them to do them legally for this reason
- Most people don’t understand you have to have legal published rules etc. before doing any type of giveaway.
Kylie’s Show Notes:
- Yes – they do work & thats how I got the majority of my followers when I first started working with Coinbound.
- How to Boost your Brands Reach with Social Media Giveaways by Shane Barker
- Objective: They can be used to increase follower count, grow email lists, boost brand awareness, drive engagement, or promote new products.
- Have a Plan: Need to have timeline, rules, mode of participation, prize, winner announcement (need to have a winner), posting schedule.
- Know the Rules: Every platform has different rules so make sure you understand them before creating your giveaway.
Follow us on Twitter:
Learn more about the Crypto Marketing Show: