Cryptowatch is a trading & charting platform designed to optimize your trading experience. Allowing you to trade across multiple exchanges, using charts and candlestick patterns of your choice, it takes advantage of market opportunities that most would otherwise be overlooked.
It was originally created by Artur Sapek in January of 2014 as a bitcoin market data, but was later acquired by Kraken early 2017.
“Teaming up with an exchange was a natural step” – Artur Sapek
CryptoWatch’s features include:
- Visualize price movement, market trends, your trades and orders in real-time
- Make use of popular charting tools and indicators such as; Moving Averages, MACD, RSI, Bollinger Bands among others.
- Directly link to your exchanges of choice, allowing users to open new orders quickly and intuitively.
- View your portfolio performance across multiple accounts in real-time.
- You can receive price & volume alerts as text messages sent to your mobile phone, 24/7.
- Link your historical data directly on your Google sheet or just join other trader’s on “Chat”.
Although Cryptowatch has many features that make it indispensable for any professional or personal trader, there any many other alternatives available with features and functions that set them apart. Here is a comprehensive list of the best Trading and charting platforms available:
Founded in 2013, with headquarters based in New York, Tradeblock has a whopping 90 employees above Cryptowatch and generating more than twice their revenue annually. They refer to themselves as “the world’s leading provider of institutional trading tools and research for digital currencies.” Marketed for professional and institutional investors, this platform allows users to manage assets, trading tools, including charts, order management, blockchain analysis, mining data, and more.
According to its website, the platform’s features include:
- The world’s leading toolset for institutional bitcoin traders, featuring market analytics, blockchain insights, order management, trade execution, team communication, and compliance automation.
- A robust bitcoin index, uniquely designed to prevent manipulation, serving as the reference rate for tens of millions of dollars of registered derivative products.
- Consolidated API’s, historical trade and order book data, advanced indexes, and customizable algorithms.
- The combination of world-class data tools and leading analysts, offering insight on trading markets as well as blockchain networks, available as reports or custom products.
TradeBlock is a web-only application.
Founded in Wisconsin in 2014, it has 14 more employees than Cryptowatch and is generating twice its revenue. Some consider it the best user experience trading platform. Built on top of TradingView’s platform, but quickly distinguishes itself by integrating into 45+ exchanges. While using the same indicators available on TradingView, users can also receive text alerts and execute trade orders among exchanges.
Coinigy was launched in 2014 to provide professional digital currency traders with tools and market data to help them make better investment decisions. Coinigy not only provides historical and real-time price data on a wide range of digital assets, but it also provides excellent charting tools and links in with several exchanges.
- Allows both financial institutions as well as individual traders to deposit funds, monitor their portfolios, analyze market trends, and execute their trades all in one place.
- Trade in real-time across 45+ exchanges (Highest among all platforms)
- Unlimited API accounts and chart layouts.
- Advanced order types
- Priority Customer Support
Coinigy is a freemium service. The most expensive option costs $99 per month.
Available for both Android & IOS.
Launched in 2011 Westerville US, TradingView was originally created as a community platform, where traders can share their trading signals and market analysis. It initially was geared towards securities and commodities and has grown in recent times to adopt the overwhelming demand of cryptocurrency assets.
Free accounts still have access to the same professional tools as pro users but are limited to three technical indicators and overlays per chart.
- Technical indicators such as MACD, Bollinger Bands, and the Relative Strength Index can be used to develop technical analysis-based trading strategies.
- Biggest trading community.
- Stock scanners.
- Large educational library with custom studies and strategies.
- Backtesting & Automated Trading.
- Trading simulator.
Freemium. Up to $49.95 per month
Available for both Android & IOS.
Launched in 2013, CoinTracking was intended as a digital currency investment portfolio management platform. It enables users to keep track of all their digital currency assets as well as automatically generate corresponding tax reports. An issue that has become increasingly important for bitcoin traders, as the IRS turn their eyes to cryptocurrency-related activities.
- Automatically creates the necessary tax forms.
- Free version available allows you to generate tax forms.
- Compatible with all major cryptocurrencies, exchanges & wallets.
- Digitally access necessary historical data of currencies you want to analyze.
Free to $76.00/ Annual Membership. Lifetime Licenses also available.
Available for both Android & IOS
TabTrader is a free mobile trading platform. It is accessible for both Android and iOS. With fully encrypted API (Application Programming Interface) keys, users can link their exchange accounts into the TabTrader app. Trading “To Go” has never been easier.
You can buy and sell cryptocurrencies and analyze charts as well as view your “overall” balance of your portfolio. The app does not have permission to withdraw any funds, adding another layer of security. You can trade directly from the app with the luxury of no advertisements.
- It offers indicators like Bollinger bands, Moving Averages, MACD, and RSI, among several others allowing you to examine price movements.
- It supports syncing with several cryptocurrencies including Coinbase, Kraken, Gemini, Bitstamp, and Poloniex among many others.
- No trading fees.
- Ad-free app.
Free plans available. TabTraderPro costs 10.00€/Month
Available for both Android & IOS.
CoinStats has is a simple crypto portfolio tracker that is actually incredibly useful. Both Android and iOS devices are able to access to this mobile app. It provides traders with an easy-to-use interface and a visually appealing design. CoinStats helps you keep track of your portfolio as you are able to view the amounts you are holding in each currency. On top of that, you can view how much your crypto portfolio is worth in accordance with movements in the market.
Furthermore, you can set an alarm that will inform you of when the price goes higher or lower than what you desire. CoinStats features a converter that calculates what an amount in a certain currency is in other digital currencies.
- Interactive ChatBot based on Telegram.
- Follow news from 40 trusted news outlets.
- Coin insight – Shows how much others hold, buy or sell.
- Portfolio Analytics & Alerts.
CoinStats is by default a free app. A pro plan is available for $5/mo.
Web, MacOS, iOS, Android, Telegram (bot), & Apple Watch.